ITEC Level 2 Barbering Certificate
This certificate is aimed at beginners, no previous experience required or staff in the hairdressing industry looking to gain a level 2 qualification in barbering.
Barbering is a skill which is currently in high demand and with this internationally recognised qualification many employment opportunities are available. Our course will teach students the necessary practical skills and knowledge in all aspects of barbering to gain employment in this fast growing industry.
Gain knowledge in Cutting Mens Hair; preparing to cut, providing a cut, assessing male baldness pattern, use of clippers blades, identify hair type, natural hairlines and necklines. Finish a cut and after care.
You will also learn about cutting facial hair; preparing and providing a service suitable for the client. Use of correct equipment, identify potential risk of in-grown hair, provide aftercare advise and care of your equipment.
- The importance of Health & Safety in the salon
- How to communicate effectively with your client
- Create on trend looks for all types of beards and goatees
- How to identify suitable hair styles for clients taking into consideration factors such as hair conditions and types
- Cut modern hair styles such as low and high fades
- How to become proficient in the use of clippers and scissors
- How to promote salon products and aftercare services
Course also includes a Creative Barbering Course with OSMO IKON!
**If you are in receipt of PUP or other social welfare payments you could be eligible for funding of approx. 500 – 1000 euros. Check with your local intreo office as our courses are approved by them.
Students will be required to prepare a portfolio throughout the course.
22/04/21 – 28/06/21 Waterford