VTCT (ITEC) Level 4 Certificate in Skin Peeling inc VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19):
The Level 4 Certificate in Chemical Skin Peeling provides learners with the knowledge and skills to carry out professional, safe and effective skin peeling treatments in line with regulatory recommendations. It is a practical and knowledge based qualification aimed at therapists who wish to offer Skin Peeling treatments or existing aesthetic therapists who wish to advance their knowledge and skills.
The course is delivered in three modules. Firstly learners will attend the Academy to complete the Advanced Skincare, Advanced Skin Analysis and Principles and Practices for non-medical therapies. Learners will be briefed on a range of assignments to complete for these units and submit before the Skin Peeling classes.
The Skin Peeling unit consist of a Theory exam and Practical exam. The theoretical aspects will be examined by an ITEC Exam paper and the practical aspects with an exam carried out by an ITEC Examiner. This unit will follow the protocols for the brands used during training (mccosmetics and IMAGE). You will learn all the underpinning knowledge about Acids to prepare you to work with any brand.
The third module consists of 6 Case Studies carried out in the Academy under Clinical Assessment. All case studies are completed at the Academy under the supervision of experienced Aesthetic lecturers. All clients will receive an in depth consultation, advanced skin analysis and a bespoke treatment protocol to treat their skin concerns.
Advanced Skincare for non medical aesthetic therapies
- Understand the physiology of skin ageing
- Understand advanced skin assessment
- Prepare for advanced skin assessment
- Provide advanced skin assessment
Principles & Practices for non medical therapies
- Understand the developments of non-medical aesthetic therapies
- Know the benefits and limitations of commonly available non-medical aesthetic therapies
- Understand the importance of professional conduct in non-medical aesthetic therapies
- Know the key regulations, legislative influences and responsibilities relating to non-medical aesthetic therapies
- Understand advanced contra-actions, hygiene issues and medical emergencies of specific concern to non-medical aesthetic therapies
Advanced Consultation for non medical aesthetic therapists
- Understand how effective communication and professional behaviours contribute to client trust
- Understand methods and processes for gaining information through consultation
- Know the importance of completing a thorough consultation
- Understand the legal requirements for completing consultation
- Know the information required when completing a consultation
- Know the requirements for recording procedures
Provide Skin Peeling
- Know safety considerations when providing skin peel treatments
- Understand how to provide skin peel treatments
- Know the relevant anatomy, physiology and pathologies for skin peeling
- Be able to consult, plan and prepare for treatment
- Be able to provide skin peel treatments
Learners registering for any ITEC courses will be required to complete the IP2A1 – VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19). As part of VTCT’s (ITEC) commitment to the industries we serve, we have released seven Infection Prevention qualifications. These regulated qualifications, developed with public health experts, align to the UK government’s generic public health guidelines, whilst also offering bespoke treatment-specific content for the different sectors. This ensures learners are equipped with the most current and essential knowledge required to safely and effectively perform treatments and services on clients within their industry.
Pre-requisite:- ITEC Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Specialist or equivalent, Skincare Level 2 and A&P Level 3.