ITEC Level 3 Barbering Certificate
The aim of the ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Barbering is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical skills and knowledge in order to provide barbering services to the general public and to gain employment in the barbering industry. The qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and over and is designed to provide occupational competence at level 3. It also provides a sound platform into further training at level 4.
- Cut men’s hair – develop advanced cutting techniques to create a range of creative looks and images that encompass modern fashion styles
- Cut men’s facial hair – develop advanced facial hair cutting techniques to create a range of looks and images that reflect current trends
- Style and dress men’s hair – develop and combine creative skills to create a variety of looks
- Promote products and services – develop skills to increase sales revenue to fulfil their potential in the business
The learner will also develop knowledge of how to monitor health and safety, client care and communication skills which are essential to work and be successful in the barbering industry.
Also included in this course is;
- Colour hair to create a variety of looks
- Perm hair to create a variety of looks
This course also provides:
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the barbering skills outlined above
- Opportunities for learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a barbering setting such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
- Opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment in the barbering industry
**If you are in receipt of PUP or other social welfare payments you could be eligible for funding of approx. 500 – 1000 euros. Check with your local intreo office as our courses are approved by them.
Contact for dates