Hair, Beauty & Barbering – ITEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training & Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
This qualification is for candidates who wish to teach & Assess any type of Vocational course in the further education sector. At Gainfort Academy we can facilitate the training practice hours for candidates wishing to teach in the Hair, Beauty, Barbering or Complementary Therapy Sector.
**In order to avail of Skillnet funding, the courses must be booked through Skillnet themselves and not through Gainforts. Award in Education and Training, and Assessing Vocational Achievement which is being partially funded by Skillnet for ANYONE in employment by 35%, and is eligible for TESG Funding of up to €1000 available for unemployed through Intreo**
Click here to book directly through Skillnet
Guided Learning Hours – approximately 200
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education
- Understanding assessment in education and training
- UV30563 – Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
- UV30564 – Assess occupational competence in the work environment
- UV3M 0566 – Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
starting 25th June 2023
10am – 4pm
Prior Qualification Requirements
Candidates should have a level 3 (level 5 Irish National Framework) skills in the subject you intend to teach, though a qualification is optional. All applications are subject to an interview before securing a place on the course. You must have competent reading and writing skills in the English language.
Course fees including text book and VTCT final Certification
Candidates can attend on site or dial in via zoom
On successful completion of your Level 3 Course, you will be eligible to work as a tutor& Assessor. This course also provides progression opportunities towards Level 4 & 5 studies of tutoring if you are looking to further develop your skills and qualifications as a tutor.
- Continuous Assessment
- IQA and EQA visits (Online & In Person – ITEC Dependent) Based on yearly school plan