Dermaplaning is the gentle exfoliation of the upper layer of skin and requires the use of a sterile, surgical scalpel to gently remove dead skin cells and vellous hair. This greatly rejuvenates the skin and helps to minimise the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and acne scars leaving the skin smooth and vibrant. It is an ideal first step to prepare the skin for additional treatments such as skin peels and enzyme treatments and helps the skin to better absorb active ingredients to further enhance the skin. It also creates the perfect canvas for makeup application for those special occasions.
- Safe handling of blades before, during and after treatment
- Safe disposal of used blades
- Proper sanitization of instruments used in dermaplaning
- Proper draping, client safety & comfort during the procedure
- Pre-treatment skin analysis and explanation of the procedure to the client
- The ability to follow the protocol for preparing the client’s skin prior to treatment
- Competency in performing the dermaplaning procedure on each other
Benefits of Dermaplaning
- This gentle exfoliation is ideal for all skin types.
- Vellous hair is removed.
- The penetration of the active ingredients in professional treatments and daily products is increased revealing a healthier smoother skin.
- Creates a flawless canvas resulting in improved makeup application.
- Can be used to help prepare skin for more intrusive procedures such as laser treatments and chemical peels.
- Perfect for pregnant or nursing women who want an exfoliation treatment without the risk of harsh chemicals absorbing into the skin
- Dermaplaning tools with 10 blades
- Kaeso Face mask
- Kaeso cleanser
- Kaeso Eye makeup remover
- Kaeso Toner
- Cotton wool discs
- Dermaplaning tool and blades
Dates to be confirmed